Taco Bites Appetizer, for this you will need, to make the salsa and guacamole also.
Ingredients for the Taco Bites:
- 40 (½ bag) Tostitos® Scoops!® Tortilla Chips
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp Tex‑Mex seasoning blend
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Set a nonstick skillet over medium‑high heat.
- Crumble in the beef.
- Cook, stirring and breaking into small pieces, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat; stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and beef is cooked through.
- Cool slightly.
- Arrange the Tostitos® Scoops!® Tortilla Chips on a serving platter.
- Divide the beef evenly between the cups.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa and green onion.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 40 bites.
4 to 6 lrg tomatoes, or 24oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
1 to 2 jalapeno peppers (removing the seeds helps to tone down the heat)
1 small to medium purple onion
1. Dice whole tomatoes and put them in a food processor or blender (if using canned tomatoes just put them in the food processor).
2. Peal and smash garlic, put it in the food processor.
3. Rough cut the jalapenos (remove the seeds if you want) and place in the food processor.
4. Rough cut the onion and put in the food processor.
5. Turn on food processor on a low speed and let it do it's job!
1 to 2 Avocados
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the avocado vertically.
2. Remove seed and scoop out the inside into a bowl
3. Squish with a fork or a potato masher till smooth, add salt, pepper and enjoy.